We believe it's time for a change. For people to think differently about their food. Where it came from, who made it and what's in it. Our mission is simple, we think that all food should be organic and Fair Trade. That's why every Camino product is start-to-finish, top-to-bottom organic Fair Trade.
From small beginnings in a church basement in Ottawa, we've always had a big dream: Fair Trade for everyone. Through our current range of premium organic Fair Trade foods, we bring social change to the world. For our producer partners, we bring prosperity and pride. For our customers, we bring everyday moments of joy they can feel good about.
We are youthful and vibrant, dedicated to our beliefs and focused on our vision. We're storytellers with a message that we're passionate about sharing.
We are looking for an energetic Internal Sales Coordinator with a supportive attitude and a drive for excellence. The ideal candidate has the following characteristics and background:
• At least 3 years of experience in an internal sales role, preferably in the health food sector.
• A demonstrated interest in alternative trade, organic or local food and/or sustainability.
• The natural ability to multi-task.
• A service oriented attitude.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both official languages.
• The drive to excel in an internal sales role.
What are the responsibilities?
• Provide Sales support to the Key Account and Sales Channel Managers
• Support Sales Channel Managers in broker, distributor and client communication.
• Provide administrative support to Sales Channel Managers in opening new accounts and processing new listings.
• Administer sales support programs (MCB's etc) in effect in the various sales channels.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports
• Obtain monthly distributor reports.
• Process distributor reports and prepare pre-defined sales reports.
• Prepare additional reports based on specific requests from Sales Channel Managers.
• Enter new products in ECC net and Maintain accuracy of product data on ECC net.
• Manage Camino's presence at industry tradeshows:
• Conduct/manage preparations and logistics for Camino's participation in industry tradeshows.
• Manage the booth during industry tradeshows.
• Provide administrative support to the Key Account and Sales Channel Managers around the trade show.
• Provide back-up for the customer service rep with respect to order entry and management of order delivery, communications with purchasers and invoicing of orders.
• Provide other administrative support to members of the Sales Team when requested.
• The unique and exciting challenge to bring your ethics to work, to support Canada's largest organic Fair Trade food brand grow to the next level and to feel good about what you do for a living;
• The opportunity to become a worker-owner in our co-operative;
• A stimulating and flexible work environment;
• Comprehensive health benefits;
• Twenty vacation days + two-week Christmas closure (upon becoming a member of the cooperative);
• An annual salary in the range of $37.500 - $53,400.
To apply for membership/ownership in the Cooperative before the 14th month of employment with the Cooperative, therefore sharing the risks and benefits of the business. Further information detailing this information will be sent to all short-listed candidates.
Please note that only the applications that detail education, experience and interests and are received by Monday October 15th will be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For general information about La Siembra Co-operative please visit our website at www.lasiembra.coop.
Not even monsoon-like weather could dampen the Ontario Natural Food Co-op (ONFC) 2nd Annual Table Top Show Friday June 1 and Saturday June 2 in Mississauga, ON.
Even after his passing, John Holtmann continues to bring people together for fun and a good cause. On June 4, family and friends gathered at the Lowville Golf Club in southern Ontario for the first-ever John Holtmann Memorial Golf Tournament. John – who was the president of Vita Health stores in Winnipeg, MB, as well as serving in executive roles with the Health First Network (HFN) and CHFA – died in December 2011 after a three-year battle with cancer.
To mark its second year in Canada, UNFI held its first-ever retailer trade show May 30 and 31 in Vaughan, ON. Spread over two days, the event featured over 100 vendors, a morning of keynote speakers and an evening customer appreciation event.
Natracare has been named the recipient of a 2012 Responsible Packaging award for the Natracare Natural Maxi Pads, third party certified, compostable bio bags, awarded by the Responsible Packaging Project.
Vega has introduced Vega Energizing Smoothie, a quick way to "energize your day" with a convenient, on-the-go nutrient boost. Vega Energizing Smoothie contains 10 g of protein, 5 g of fibre and 1 g of Omega-3. Just add water, shake and go!
Carlson Laboratories has announced eight of its fish oil products have been recognized by the International Taste & Quality Institute. The ITQI presented one golden star for Carlson & Carlson for Kids Norwegian Cod Liver Oil (lemon flavour), Super D Omega-3 Liquid (lemon flavour), and Carlson & Carlson for Kids The Very Finest Fish Oil (both lemon and orange flavours). Carlson's most highly concentrated fish oil, MedOmega (lemon-lime flavour), received two golden stars.
Since its launching in February 2012, it has been a “sweet ride” for Organika’s Organic Coconut Palm Sugar. The product was recently appointed one of the Top 10 Innovative Products in the Grocery Showcase West held in Vancouver in late April. Evaluated for its unique nature, buzz-worthy quality and consumer response rate, Organika’s Organic Coconut Palm Sugar was in the running against 400-plus exhibitors.
Visit www.organika.com under the “What’s New” page or look under “Food” category for more information. •
Page 4 of 11