Alive Publishing Group Inc.
September 1, 2023
We pledge to fully meet and, where possible, exceed internationally recognized standards of personal data privacy protection. In doing so, we will ensure compliance by our staff with the strictest standards of security and confidentiality.
Types of Personally Identifiable Information We Collect
We collect personally identifiable information such as identification and contact details of web visitors, information on their preferences in relation to the subject matter of the website, and payment-related information such as credit card details. Our purpose for collecting this information is to compile aggregate statistics on usage of cnhr.ca. We also use personally identifiable information to manage magazine subscriptions.
Collection of Information from Individuals without Their Knowledge
California Residents: California Consumer Protection Act
Without being discriminated against for exercising these rights, California law gives its residents the right to request that we disclose what personal information we collect from you, to delete that information, and to opt-out of the sale of your personal information (if we sell such information), subject to certain restrictions. For security purposes, we will verify your identity—in part by requesting certain information from you—when you request to exercise your California privacy rights. You also have the right to designate an agent to exercise these rights on your behalf. This section describes how to exercise those rights and our process for handling those requests.
Right to Know
If you are a California resident, you may submit, free of charge, but no more than twice in a 12-month period, a verifiable request for the following information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we have about you.
- The categories of personal information we collected, sold, or disclosed for a business purpose about you within the last 12 months.
- The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected.
- The purposes for which the information was collected or sold.
- The categories of third parties to whom the information was sold, disclosed for a business purpose, or otherwise shared.
If possible, we will provide this information to you in a readily usable format that allows transmission to another entity. The easiest way to submit a request and receive your report is to direct your requests to email@example.com.
Right to Delete
If you are a California resident, you may submit a verifiable request for us to delete the personal information we have collected about you. The easiest way to submit a request for deletion is to direct your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to Opt-Out
California residents may opt out of the “sale” of their personal information, as defined by the CCPA. This does not include the following.
- You direct us to disclose your personal information or use us to interact with a third party and the third party does not sell the personal information.
- We use or share an identifier solely to alert a third party you have opted out of the sale of your personal information.
- Your personal information is transferred as an asset as part of a transaction in which the third party assumes control of all or part of our business, in which case the third party would have to tell you in writing if it materially changes how the information is used or shared.
- We use or share your personal information under a written contract with a service provider necessary to perform a business purpose. Here, the service the service provider performs is on our behalf, and our written contract prohibits it from keeping, using, or disclosing your personal information for any purpose other than for the specific purpose identified in the contract.
Right to be Free from Discrimination
We may not discriminate against you because you have exercised your rights, including, for example, by denying you access to our owned and/or operated websites.
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, please be sure the agent can (i) demonstrate you have provided written permission for the agent to submit the request on your behalf, and (ii) provide proof of his or her own identity. If the agent does not satisfy these requirements, we will deny the request.
Hosted Online Stores or Service Providers
In the online store on our website, we collect information from visitors to the extent that it allows us to fulfill their order.
Accuracy of Personally Identifiable Information
Web users have the opportunity to correct and update personally identifiable information by emailing us at email@example.com.
Retention of Personally Identifiable Information
We retain personally identifiable information indefinitely in order to provide you with our services. Users may request to retract personally identifiable information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To Access and Correct Your Personal Data
If you would like to access your personal data or impersonal accumulated statistics, please send an email request to email@example.com. We will handle your request promptly and provide this information to you within 40 days.
Disclosure of Information about Individuals
We do not disclose personally identifiable information to other parties except to facilitate an order made by the individual with a merchant hosted at the website. We do not sell personal data, including email addresses, to third parties. We reserve the right to disclose and print the names, addresses, photographs, and likenesses of contest winners and runners up for promotional and marketing purposes. We also disclose impersonally identifiable aggregate statistics relating to our web visitors to advertisers.
We use information collected from our visitors to market products or services to you. You can opt out of this kind of marketing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We comply with the opt-out requests we receive.
To ensure the security and confidentiality of personal data collected online, we use encryption for transmission of credit card details. Access to personal data is restricted to employees who need to use these details and who have been trained to observe confidentiality and handle such information appropriately.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please email email@example.com.