Patricia Castro of the Vita Health Garden City store in Winnipeg, MB has been named the winner of the inaugural John Holtmann Memorial Scholarship.
We'll talk to some of the leaders in the industry to get the latest news, updates and trends in supplements.
Sangster's Health Centres is rolling out a new store model: Sangster's Organic Market, with a focus on food.
We'll be looking at the recent 2,500 sq. ft. expansion of the Nature's Fare store in Kelowna.
The Stone Store has been a fixture in Guelph, ON for 40 years. Founders and owners Candice Pergolas and Brenda Aherne speak with CNHR, and share some of their secrets of 40 great years as partners.
We'll be reviewing both the Guelph Organic Conference and CHFA Quebec conference/trade shows.
This is in addition to our regular great columnists, our Trade Talk industry news section, our Product Profiles and much more.
Vita Health Stores in Winnipeg has announced plans for its newest and largest store to date. Vita Health Westwood will be opening in February 2013.
Two of Canada's best-known health food stores were recently honoured for their ongoing commitment to fair trade products. Vancouver's Choices Markets and Toronto's The Big Carrot were among seven companies and organizations to win Canadian Fairtrade Awards, which were presented September 20 in Toronto by Fairtrade Canada.
Also, Organika's Organic Coconut Vinegar and Coconut Vinegar with Raw Wild Honey were among the Top 10 Most Innovative Products at the recent Grocery Show East 2012
In October, Natracare teamed up with youth-led, non-profit Teens Turning Green in a bid to build a powerful, diverse and far-reaching movement with Project Green Challenge. Almost 1,900 students from 25 countries and 392 schools engaged, inspired and mobilized to change the world.
We believe it's time for a change. For people to think differently about their food. Where it came from, who made it and what's in it. Our mission is simple, we think that all food should be organic and Fair Trade. That's why every Camino product is start-to-finish, top-to-bottom organic Fair Trade.
From small beginnings in a church basement in Ottawa, we've always had a big dream: Fair Trade for everyone. Through our current range of premium organic Fair Trade foods, we bring social change to the world. For our producer partners, we bring prosperity and pride. For our customers, we bring everyday moments of joy they can feel good about.
We are youthful and vibrant, dedicated to our beliefs and focused on our vision. We're storytellers with a message that we're passionate about sharing.
We are looking for an energetic Internal Sales Coordinator with a supportive attitude and a drive for excellence. The ideal candidate has the following characteristics and background:
• At least 3 years of experience in an internal sales role, preferably in the health food sector.
• A demonstrated interest in alternative trade, organic or local food and/or sustainability.
• The natural ability to multi-task.
• A service oriented attitude.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both official languages.
• The drive to excel in an internal sales role.
What are the responsibilities?
• Provide Sales support to the Key Account and Sales Channel Managers
• Support Sales Channel Managers in broker, distributor and client communication.
• Provide administrative support to Sales Channel Managers in opening new accounts and processing new listings.
• Administer sales support programs (MCB's etc) in effect in the various sales channels.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports
• Obtain monthly distributor reports.
• Process distributor reports and prepare pre-defined sales reports.
• Prepare additional reports based on specific requests from Sales Channel Managers.
• Enter new products in ECC net and Maintain accuracy of product data on ECC net.
• Manage Camino's presence at industry tradeshows:
• Conduct/manage preparations and logistics for Camino's participation in industry tradeshows.
• Manage the booth during industry tradeshows.
• Provide administrative support to the Key Account and Sales Channel Managers around the trade show.
• Provide back-up for the customer service rep with respect to order entry and management of order delivery, communications with purchasers and invoicing of orders.
• Provide other administrative support to members of the Sales Team when requested.
• The unique and exciting challenge to bring your ethics to work, to support Canada's largest organic Fair Trade food brand grow to the next level and to feel good about what you do for a living;
• The opportunity to become a worker-owner in our co-operative;
• A stimulating and flexible work environment;
• Comprehensive health benefits;
• Twenty vacation days + two-week Christmas closure (upon becoming a member of the cooperative);
• An annual salary in the range of $37.500 - $53,400.
To apply for membership/ownership in the Cooperative before the 14th month of employment with the Cooperative, therefore sharing the risks and benefits of the business. Further information detailing this information will be sent to all short-listed candidates.
Please submit your resumé and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only the applications that detail education, experience and interests and are received by Monday October 15th will be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For general information about La Siembra Co-operative please visit our website at www.lasiembra.coop.
Not even monsoon-like weather could dampen the Ontario Natural Food Co-op (ONFC) 2nd Annual Table Top Show Friday June 1 and Saturday June 2 in Mississauga, ON.
Even after his passing, John Holtmann continues to bring people together for fun and a good cause. On June 4, family and friends gathered at the Lowville Golf Club in southern Ontario for the first-ever John Holtmann Memorial Golf Tournament. John – who was the president of Vita Health stores in Winnipeg, MB, as well as serving in executive roles with the Health First Network (HFN) and CHFA – died in December 2011 after a three-year battle with cancer.
News, Views and Happenings in the world of Canadian Natural Health.
• Launch your new products
• Support your sales team
• Be visible as stores re-focus and re-charge
• Stake your position in the “new normal”
• Reach more stores – from coast to coast
• Introduce your company to new potential customers • Combine CNHR’s print, video and podcast options
Retailers want to see more of your new products. So, we’re making it easier for you and them.
Introducing our new Product Profile Package: a three-pronged way to reach retailers by combining print, video and podcast. You get all three!
PRINT: Claim a spot on CNHR’s Product Profile pages, mailed to health food stores coast to coast, and read by over 10,000 retail store buyers, owners, managers and staff.
VIDEO: This is new for CNHR – video product reviews. You’ll get a 30 second review of your product with product image and voiceover. Five products per video, then e-blasted to CNHR’s database, to be shared among staff and with the store’s customers.
PODCAST: Also a new feature. Your product will get a mention on the New Products portion of the popular CNHR News Podcast, hosted by CNHR editor Bruce Cole and Deane Parkes. Your company name, product name, a couple of lines, followed with your company contact information.
Three-platform exposure for your new products, delivered by CNHR, the trusted source of industry information retailers have counted on for 24 years. Three platforms for $699.00
Contact Candace Sicari for more information: email@example.com , 705-209-9280 Deadline for the Sept/Oct issue is July 31