A great bulk-forming natural laxative with herbs that promote regularity and soothe irritated bowels, aiding as well in the digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Vita Health Stores in Winnipeg has announced plans for its newest and largest store to date. Vita Health Westwood will be opening in February 2013.
Two of Canada's best-known health food stores were recently honoured for their ongoing commitment to fair trade products. Vancouver's Choices Markets and Toronto's The Big Carrot were among seven companies and organizations to win Canadian Fairtrade Awards, which were presented September 20 in Toronto by Fairtrade Canada.
Does advertising work? This is the question everyone asks before they commit dollars to an advertising campaign. And it's a valid question. Personally, I have no doubt advertising works. Working on the ad side at CNHR for all these years has shown me many examples of advertising working for suppliers.
Also, Organika's Organic Coconut Vinegar and Coconut Vinegar with Raw Wild Honey were among the Top 10 Most Innovative Products at the recent Grocery Show East 2012
In October, Natracare teamed up with youth-led, non-profit Teens Turning Green in a bid to build a powerful, diverse and far-reaching movement with Project Green Challenge. Almost 1,900 students from 25 countries and 392 schools engaged, inspired and mobilized to change the world.
Changing from a bulk store to a health food store was easy for the Chenier Family of Pantry Plus. It was just a matter of listening to what customers were asking for. When the people of Orléans, ON spoke, Gilles and Lynda Chenier listened. "..."
We believe it's time for a change. For people to think differently about their food. Where it came from, who made it and what's in it. Our mission is simple, we think that all food should be organic and Fair Trade. That's why every Camino product is start-to-finish, top-to-bottom organic Fair Trade.
From small beginnings in a church basement in Ottawa, we've always had a big dream: Fair Trade for everyone. Through our current range of premium organic Fair Trade foods, we bring social change to the world. For our producer partners, we bring prosperity and pride. For our customers, we bring everyday moments of joy they can feel good about.
We are youthful and vibrant, dedicated to our beliefs and focused on our vision. We're storytellers with a message that we're passionate about sharing.
We are looking for an energetic Internal Sales Coordinator with a supportive attitude and a drive for excellence. The ideal candidate has the following characteristics and background:
• At least 3 years of experience in an internal sales role, preferably in the health food sector.
• A demonstrated interest in alternative trade, organic or local food and/or sustainability.
• The natural ability to multi-task.
• A service oriented attitude.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both official languages.
• The drive to excel in an internal sales role.
What are the responsibilities?
• Provide Sales support to the Key Account and Sales Channel Managers
• Support Sales Channel Managers in broker, distributor and client communication.
• Provide administrative support to Sales Channel Managers in opening new accounts and processing new listings.
• Administer sales support programs (MCB's etc) in effect in the various sales channels.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports
• Obtain monthly distributor reports.
• Process distributor reports and prepare pre-defined sales reports.
• Prepare additional reports based on specific requests from Sales Channel Managers.
• Enter new products in ECC net and Maintain accuracy of product data on ECC net.
• Manage Camino's presence at industry tradeshows:
• Conduct/manage preparations and logistics for Camino's participation in industry tradeshows.
• Manage the booth during industry tradeshows.
• Provide administrative support to the Key Account and Sales Channel Managers around the trade show.
• Provide back-up for the customer service rep with respect to order entry and management of order delivery, communications with purchasers and invoicing of orders.
• Provide other administrative support to members of the Sales Team when requested.
• The unique and exciting challenge to bring your ethics to work, to support Canada's largest organic Fair Trade food brand grow to the next level and to feel good about what you do for a living;
• The opportunity to become a worker-owner in our co-operative;
• A stimulating and flexible work environment;
• Comprehensive health benefits;
• Twenty vacation days + two-week Christmas closure (upon becoming a member of the cooperative);
• An annual salary in the range of $37.500 - $53,400.
To apply for membership/ownership in the Cooperative before the 14th month of employment with the Cooperative, therefore sharing the risks and benefits of the business. Further information detailing this information will be sent to all short-listed candidates.
Please submit your resumé and letter of interest to: email@example.com
Please note that only the applications that detail education, experience and interests and are received by Monday October 15th will be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For general information about La Siembra Co-operative please visit our website at www.lasiembra.coop.
Nature's Fare Markets' newest store marks a couple of firsts for the organization, under the categories of "further" and "bigger." For almost 20 years, Nature's Fare has been serving the health food needs of residents throughout the Okanagan Valley in British Columbia. With five successful locations throughout the Okanagan – in Vernon, Kelowna, West Kelowna, Penticton and Kamloops – the company decided it was time to step outside "the valley" and into the greater Vancouver area (GVA) to help more people on their health journey.
A few years ago, CNHR featured Alice Chung, the president of Alive Health Centres, with the intention of following up with a more detailed story, focusing on some of the business aspects that make this dynamic woman so successful in her business. Beginning in 1978 working in a health food store, Alice began growing her 28-store empire in 1983 when she acquired her first store in Vancouver's Richmond Centre. Today, she has stores in British Columbia, Alberta and Toronto.
Not even monsoon-like weather could dampen the Ontario Natural Food Co-op (ONFC) 2nd Annual Table Top Show Friday June 1 and Saturday June 2 in Mississauga, ON.
News, Views and Happenings in the world of Canadian Natural Health.
Reach 10,000+ natural health store professionals via CNHR Magazine. CNHR is delivered by Canada Post six times per year to virtually every health food store across Canada. Retailers are your true sales force. So, get your product into more stores and get them selling for you.
Remember, your first sale is to the retailers. CNHR can get your message in front of them. Connect with the retailers who sell and recommend your product.