Patricia Castro of the Vita Health Garden City store in Winnipeg, MB has been named the winner of the inaugural John Holtmann Memorial Scholarship.
We'll talk to some of the leaders in the industry to get the latest news, updates and trends in supplements.
Sangster's Health Centres is rolling out a new store model: Sangster's Organic Market, with a focus on food.
We'll be looking at the recent 2,500 sq. ft. expansion of the Nature's Fare store in Kelowna.
The Stone Store has been a fixture in Guelph, ON for 40 years. Founders and owners Candice Pergolas and Brenda Aherne speak with CNHR, and share some of their secrets of 40 great years as partners.
We'll be reviewing both the Guelph Organic Conference and CHFA Quebec conference/trade shows.
This is in addition to our regular great columnists, our Trade Talk industry news section, our Product Profiles and much more.
Vita Health Stores in Winnipeg has announced plans for its newest and largest store to date. Vita Health Westwood will be opening in February 2013.
Two of Canada's best-known health food stores were recently honoured for their ongoing commitment to fair trade products. Vancouver's Choices Markets and Toronto's The Big Carrot were among seven companies and organizations to win Canadian Fairtrade Awards, which were presented September 20 in Toronto by Fairtrade Canada.
Also, Organika's Organic Coconut Vinegar and Coconut Vinegar with Raw Wild Honey were among the Top 10 Most Innovative Products at the recent Grocery Show East 2012
In October, Natracare teamed up with youth-led, non-profit Teens Turning Green in a bid to build a powerful, diverse and far-reaching movement with Project Green Challenge. Almost 1,900 students from 25 countries and 392 schools engaged, inspired and mobilized to change the world.
We believe it's time for a change. For people to think differently about their food. Where it came from, who made it and what's in it. Our mission is simple, we think that all food should be organic and Fair Trade. That's why every Camino product is start-to-finish, top-to-bottom organic Fair Trade.
From small beginnings in a church basement in Ottawa, we've always had a big dream: Fair Trade for everyone. Through our current range of premium organic Fair Trade foods, we bring social change to the world. For our producer partners, we bring prosperity and pride. For our customers, we bring everyday moments of joy they can feel good about.
We are youthful and vibrant, dedicated to our beliefs and focused on our vision. We're storytellers with a message that we're passionate about sharing.
We are looking for an energetic Internal Sales Coordinator with a supportive attitude and a drive for excellence. The ideal candidate has the following characteristics and background:
• At least 3 years of experience in an internal sales role, preferably in the health food sector.
• A demonstrated interest in alternative trade, organic or local food and/or sustainability.
• The natural ability to multi-task.
• A service oriented attitude.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in both official languages.
• The drive to excel in an internal sales role.
What are the responsibilities?
• Provide Sales support to the Key Account and Sales Channel Managers
• Support Sales Channel Managers in broker, distributor and client communication.
• Provide administrative support to Sales Channel Managers in opening new accounts and processing new listings.
• Administer sales support programs (MCB's etc) in effect in the various sales channels.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports
• Obtain monthly distributor reports.
• Process distributor reports and prepare pre-defined sales reports.
• Prepare additional reports based on specific requests from Sales Channel Managers.
• Enter new products in ECC net and Maintain accuracy of product data on ECC net.
• Manage Camino's presence at industry tradeshows:
• Conduct/manage preparations and logistics for Camino's participation in industry tradeshows.
• Manage the booth during industry tradeshows.
• Provide administrative support to the Key Account and Sales Channel Managers around the trade show.
• Provide back-up for the customer service rep with respect to order entry and management of order delivery, communications with purchasers and invoicing of orders.
• Provide other administrative support to members of the Sales Team when requested.
• The unique and exciting challenge to bring your ethics to work, to support Canada's largest organic Fair Trade food brand grow to the next level and to feel good about what you do for a living;
• The opportunity to become a worker-owner in our co-operative;
• A stimulating and flexible work environment;
• Comprehensive health benefits;
• Twenty vacation days + two-week Christmas closure (upon becoming a member of the cooperative);
• An annual salary in the range of $37.500 - $53,400.
To apply for membership/ownership in the Cooperative before the 14th month of employment with the Cooperative, therefore sharing the risks and benefits of the business. Further information detailing this information will be sent to all short-listed candidates.
Please submit your resumé and letter of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only the applications that detail education, experience and interests and are received by Monday October 15th will be reviewed. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For general information about La Siembra Co-operative please visit our website at www.lasiembra.coop.
Not even monsoon-like weather could dampen the Ontario Natural Food Co-op (ONFC) 2nd Annual Table Top Show Friday June 1 and Saturday June 2 in Mississauga, ON.
Even after his passing, John Holtmann continues to bring people together for fun and a good cause. On June 4, family and friends gathered at the Lowville Golf Club in southern Ontario for the first-ever John Holtmann Memorial Golf Tournament. John – who was the president of Vita Health stores in Winnipeg, MB, as well as serving in executive roles with the Health First Network (HFN) and CHFA – died in December 2011 after a three-year battle with cancer.
News, Views and Happenings in the world of Canadian Natural Health.
An early show requires early messaging. Get your Spring sales message out early with an ad in CNHR. Reach the key retailers well before CHFA West. Here’s what your ad can do for you:
• share your spring promotional plan with all retailers
• help your sales team reach sales targets
• introduce your new products BEFORE the show
• tell retailers about your show specials early
• help open doors for your sales team
• create traffic at your booth
• solidify brand loyalty
• tell retailers about your new services, too!
• support all of your in-store, digital and consumer marketing efforts
Advertisers: FREE value-added features As an advertiser, you’ll be in one of our biggest issues of the year. (There will be loads of bonus circulation during CHFA West.) Along with your ad being viewed by more than 10,000 owners, managers, buyers, product recommenders and floor sales staff, you also get some great free editorial opportunities, including Trade Talk, Product Profiles and Pre-Show Buzz. Here are the details: Trade Talk is one of the highest read sections of CNHR and your vital link with retailers. Keep current and potential new customers updated on your new products, new staff, new website, new promotions, etc. Deadline for Trade Talk: November 7
We have lots of advertising options at many price points. Tell me what ad size you’re considering or what your budget is, and I will personally customize a proposal just for you. I’ll explain all of the value-added features CNHR has to offer your company!